Please consider making a donation today! The Sample-McDougald House Preservation Society is a Florida not-for-profit corporation. Designated a 501(c) (3) organization, contributions to the Sample-McDougald House are tax deductible.
Currently, we are in desperate need of a new roof since we have evidence of leakages on walls. We have early 1900’s furniture donated by the McDougald family, which we cannot afford to lose!
We invite you to help us to continuing to provide this historical gem to the community by contributing to the “Raise the Roof Fund”.
We currently are $6000 short of our goal! Your donation is GREATLY appreciated and, as you know, tax deductible!
Make history and join or renew your membership to the Sample-McDougald House! Membership contributions are a cornerstone of our sustainability, and your donation makes a difference. Knowing you contributed to the preservation of the community’s history is rewarding in itself, however; you’ll also receive special benefits made available only to members. Members receive year-round admission, discounts on retail merchandise, venue rentals and select event tickets, as well as advance notice of and invitations to events. There’s a Membership Level that’s right for you, it’s tax deductible and affordable. Join Today!
Membership Levels & Benefits
Benefits for all member levels:
- Anytime general tour admission to the SMH except during selected events
- Subscription to the SMH newsletter
- Ten percent discount on retail merchandise, venue rentals and select program and event tickets
- Advanced notice and invitation to events
- Named listing in the annual report
- Time Travelers reciprocal membership – Free admission and discounts at more than 250 historical sites and museums in the US
INDIVIDUAL – $35.00
Basic membership benefits for one person
DUO – $40.00
Basic membership benefits for two people
FAMILY – $50.00
Basic membership benefits for two people and children or grandchildren under the age of 18
BENEFACTOR – $100.00
Family level benefits PLUS two additional guests per visit
SUSTAINER – $250.00
Benefactor level benefits PLUS two tickets to the Holiday Home Tour
Two complimentary signature glass holiday ornaments
PIONEER – $500.00
Sustainer level benefits PLUS
Invitation for two to the Director’s Annual Luncheon
PATRON – $1,000.00
Pioneer level benefits PLUS
25% discount on one venue rental
Ten complimentary admission passes
GOLD PINEAPPLE CLUB – $2,500.00
Patron level benefits PLUS
Ten additional complimentary admission passes (20 total)
Private behind the scenes tour up to 15 guests with the Executive Director Memberships
- All memberships are valid for one year from the date of enrollment.
- Please allow 14 days to receive your membership materials. Please notify us if you have not received your membership materials after 30 days.
- Memberships, membership benefits and membership cards are not transferable.
- A second proof of identification may be requested by SMH employees.
- Memberships that include two or more persons receive TWO cards for the household with the primary name on the card.
- Additional contributions to the Sample McDougald House are welcome and are considered outside your membership fees.
- Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Lost or stolen membership cards will be replaced upon request.
- All guests must be accompanied by member.
If you have purchased regular priced admission to the Sample McDougald House the same day you purchase a membership, the price of admission can be applied to the cost of your membership up to a certain amount. Amount that can be applied per membership:
- Individual Membership – $5.00 off
- Duo and Family Membership – up to $10.00 off
- Sustainer, Donor, Patron, Sponsor, Club and Council Membership – up to $20.00 off
- Membership renewals may be processed 3 months before your membership expires.
- The Sample McDougald House does not retain the financial information of its members on record. This information must be resubmitted with each renewal.
- You can upgrade your membership at any time. Call or email us for details.
- The Sample McDougald House reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to refuse entry and/or membership to a member and to revoke a membership without refund if a member behaves in such a manner which is unbecoming, threatening or abusive while currently enrolled in our membership program. We reserve the right to amend the terms of these policies at any time.